Heads of Schools Program Application Process and Deadlines
- Currently service as head of an independent or international school and plan to continue as a head upon completion of the program.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants with degrees from outside the United States have additional requirements. 1) They must complete a course-by-course evaluation from either World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), which may take several weeks. 2) If the language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, an IELTS or TOEFL score will be required.
Application Deadlines and Requirements
Application deadline for the 2021 program has been extended to July 1, 2020. Please review the application requirements below to ensure you have all required materials. Then review the instructions at the bottom of the page to begin your application.
The application requires
- an application form
- official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- two short essays, and
- a current CV.
Begin your application on the Teachers College Non-Degree Program Application page
Click the "Begin your Application" button.
- If you have used the Teachers College application system before, log in to your account to begin your new application. If you are a first-time applicant, please click "Create an account" and set up your account to begin your application.
- On the Program Information page, under "Area of Interest" heading you must make two selections as described and shown on the screenshot below:
"Desired Program/Status" = Cohort/Institute.
"Cohort or Institute you are Interested in applying to" = Klingenstein Heads of School
- These steps ensure you are completing the correct application. You can then complete the questions and provide the required documents. Your application is considered complete once it has been submitted, the application fee has been paid, and any external documents, such as official transcripts or course-by-course evaluations have been received and processed by the Teachers College Office of Admission.