Application Process & Deadlines
Applications for the 2020-2021 Full-Year Master's Program and the 2020-2022 Full-Time MA/MBA Dual-Degree Program are now open. The priority deadline is December 15, 2019 and the final deadline is January 15, 2020. Information about eligibility and the application process is below.
Candidates must meet the following requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of work experience, including experience in a non-public school. Teaching, admissions, student life, development, and other administrative work meet this requirement. On occasion, exceptions to this policy may be made. For questions about eligibility, contact the Klingenstein Center.
- Previous academic accomplishment, job performance as determined by letters of recommendation, assessment of leadership potential and character are considered in students selection.
How to Apply
The Klingenstein Center's Full-Year Master's Degree program is offered through Teachers College at Columbia University. All degree candidates must apply through the Teachers College admission process. The application requires:
- an application form,
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- personal statement and short essays,
- two recommendations,
- and a resume.
Please note that student who are applying to the Full-Year Program with the intention of pursing the MA/MBA Dual-Degree program will be required to take the GRE or GMAT. Student who only intend to complete the master's degree in private school leadership are not required to take one of these exams.
Detailed instructions for launching your application process are below:
- To start your application, go to the Teachers College Admissions Office page and click "Start Your Application." First time applicants will need to create an account. Returning applicants may use their existing accounts. When prompted for the "Application Type," choose "2020 Degree" and then "2020 Fall."
- On the "Program Information" page of the application, you will need to specify the correct program.
- Under "Area of Interest" choose "Leadership and Administration"
- Under "Program"
- If you are planning to complete the Full-Year Master's Degree Program, select "Private School Leadership (Full Academic Year)"
- If you are planning to apply for the MA/MBA Dual Degree Program with Columbia Business School, select "MA/MBA Private School Leadership/Columbia Business School"
- If you are planning to apply for the MA/MBA Dual Degree Program with INSEAD, select "Private School Leadership (Full Academic Year)"
- Under "Degree/Certification," choose either "Master of Arts" or "Master of Education." Only students who meet specific requirements can complete a Master of Education. Note that at this time, those students planning to apply to Columbia Business School for the MA/MBA must enter "Master of Arts" even if they otherwise meet the requirements for the Master of Education.