Applications for the Summer 2021-2023 Cohort are now open. Please review the eligibility requirements and application instructions below.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Currently working in an independent or international school and planning to work in an independent or international school in the academic year 2021-2022. Because there is considerable collaboration with the sponsoring school, you must be endorsed by your Head of School.
- Three or more years of full-time work experience in a school, which may include teaching, admissions, student life, development, or other administrative roles. Experience in public, charter, parochial, private, independent, or international schools may count toward the total years of experience as along as the candidate meets all other requirements. Candidates with questions about their eligibility should contact the Klingenstein Center.
- Previous academic accomplishment, job performance as determined by letters of recommendation, assessment of leadership potential and character are considered in students selection.
How to Apply
The Klingenstein Center's Two-Summers Master's Degree program is offered through Teachers College at Columbia University. All degree candidates must apply to the Private School Leadership (Klingenstein) program through the Teachers College admission office. The application requires:
- an application form,
- a personal statement and short essays,
- a resume, and
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Applicants with degrees from outside the United States have additional requirements. 1) They must complete a course-by-course evaluation from either World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), which may take several weeks. 2) If the language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, an IELTS or TOEFL score will be required.
Begin your application by visiting https://www.tc.columbia.edu/admission/how-to-apply/. On this page:
- Click the "Start your Application" button.
- If you have applied to a Teachers College program before, click "Log In" under the "Returning Users" heading. If you have not applied to TC before, click "Create an account" under "First-time users."
- Once you have logged in, review the application information and then click "Start an Application" at the bottom of the page.
- Under "Select an Application Type" choose "2021 Degree"
- In the dropdown box that appears after making the selection above, choose "2021 Summer" and click the "Create Application Button."
- When you reach the "Program Information" section of the application, select "Leadership and Administration" for under "Area of Interest" and then "Private School Leadership (Two-Summers)" under program.
- Under "Degree/Certification," choose either "Master of Arts" or "Master of Education." Only students who meet specific requirements can complete a Master of Education.
- Complete the rest of the application as directed on the application site.
Priority Deadline: November 1, 2020
Final Deadline: January 15, 2021