Applications for the Summer 2019-2021 cohort are now closed. If you would like to receive an email notification when the application for the Summer 2021-2023 opens, please complete the Contact Us form.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three or more years of work experience in a non-public school, which may include teaching, admissions, student life, development, or other administrative roles. Candidates with questions about their eligibility should contact the Klingenstein Center.
- Currently teaching in an independent or international school and planning to teach in an independent or international school in the following academic year. Because there is considerable collaboration with the sponsoring school, you must be endorsed by your Head of School.
- Previous academic accomplishment, job performance as determined by letters of recommendation, assessment of leadership potential and character are considered in students selection.
How to Apply
The Klingenstein Center's Two-Summers Master's Degree program is offered through Teachers College at Columbia University. All degree candidates must apply to the Private School Leadership (Klingenstein) program through the Teachers College admission office. The application requires:
- an application form,
- a personal statement and short essays,
- a resume, and
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Applicants with degrees from outside the United States have additional requirements. 1) They must complete a course-by-course evaluation from either World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), which may take several weeks. 2) If the language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, an IELTS or TOEFL score will be required.