How To Apply
Applications are made online through the Teachers College. Please review this application guide and then begin your application at the Teachers College..
The application requires
- two short essays
- three recommendation letters from 1) the head of school or a member of the school's administrative team, 2) your department chair and 3) a colleague with whom you worked closely
- official transcripts from all post-secondary study.
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- Applicants with degrees from outside the United States have additional requirements. 1) They must complete a course-by-course evaluation from either World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), which may take several weeks. 2) If the language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, an IELTS or TOEFL score will be required.
As part of the application process, applicants select one or more curriculum groups. The groups include Elementary Education, History, English, Science, Mathematics, Modern and Classical Languages, Arts, and Experiential Education (Outdoor Ed, PE, Place-based Education, Engineering, etc). Applicants who select more than one group will have an option to express an order of preference and explain. Please note that at this time applicants to both the Arts and Experiential Learning group should enter "Experiential Learning" as their preference on the application.
The deadline for the Summer 2020 application will be January 15, 2020.
- Applicants must have 2-5 years of full-time teaching experience.
- Applicants must be teaching in an independent or international school at the time of their application and must be planning to teach in one the following year.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must be able to attend all days of the program from June 15th through June 27th on the campus of The Hotchkiss School in Salisbury, CT. Absences are not permitted.
For additional information, please contact the Klingenstein Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.