Applications for Summer 2021 are now closed. To be notified when the Summer 2022 application opens, please complete our contact us form.
How To Apply
The Klingenstein Summer Institute is a non-degree program of Teachers College and applications are made online through the Teachers College Office of Admission. It requires
- two short essays
- three recommendation letters from 1) the head of school or a member of the school's administrative team, 2) your department chair and 3) a colleague with whom you worked closely
- official transcripts from all post-secondary study.
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- Applicants with degrees from outside the United States have additional requirements. 1) They must complete a course-by-course evaluation from either World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), which may take several weeks. 2) If the language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, an IELTS or TOEFL score will be required.
As part of the application process, applicants select one or more curriculum groups. The groups include Elementary Education, History, English, Science, Mathematics, Modern and Classical Languages, Arts, and Experiential Education (Outdoor Ed, PE, Place-based Education, Engineering, etc). Applicants who select more than one group will have an option to express an order of preference and explain.
The deadline each year is January 15.
- Applicants must have 2-5 years of full-time teaching experience.
- Applicants must be teaching in an independent or international school at the time of their application and must be planning to teach in one the following year.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must be able to attend all days of the program. Absences are not permitted. Program dates will be posted when the application goes live.
For additional information, please contact the Klingenstein Center at email@example.com.