Applications for the Summer 2021-2023 Cohort have closed. To be notified when application open for the 2023-2025 cohort, please fill out the Contact Us form.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Currently working in an independent or international school and planning to work in an independent or international school in the academic year between the two summers of the program. Because there is considerable collaboration with the sponsoring school, you must be endorsed by your Head of School.
- Three or more years of full-time work experience in a school, which may include teaching, admissions, student life, development, or other administrative roles. Experience in public, charter, parochial, private, independent, or international schools may count toward the total years of experience as along as the candidate meets all other requirements. Candidates with questions about their eligibility should contact the Klingenstein Center.
- Previous academic accomplishment, job performance as determined by letters of recommendation, assessment of leadership potential and character are considered in students selection.
How to Apply
The Klingenstein Center's Two-Summers Master's Degree program is offered through Teachers College at Columbia University. All degree candidates must apply to the Private School Leadership (Klingenstein) program through the Teachers College admission office. The application requires:
- an application form,
- a personal statement and short essays,
- a resume, and
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Applicants with degrees from outside the United States have additional requirements. 1) They must complete a course-by-course evaluation from either World Education Service (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), which may take several weeks. 2) If the language of instruction for their undergraduate degree was not English, an IELTS or TOEFL score will be required.
Priority deadline: November 1 of even-numbered years
Final deadline: January 15 of odd-numbered years